You may have noticed that the bottom of our Faith Bible Church‘s main website has a little section called “Worth Reading.” I try to keep that regularly updated with great articles that I find online or that have been sent to me. But the reality is that its getting woefully out-of-date!
I tend to read blogs by Kevin DeYoung, Justin Taylor, Tim Challies, Al Mohler, Thabiti Anyabwile and a few others. To be clear, I don’t read everything that they write, but I skim the titles and read the ones that pique my interest. The best of those get shared to FBC’s main page.
But I’m far behind. There’s too much to share and too little space. So here’s a roundup #1 of some of the most helpful articles I read in the last month.
- JI Packer’s 11th Birthday Present, spoiler = he gets a typewriter rather than a bicycle — Justin Taylor
- What Christians Do When They Believe and Feel about the Word of God Rightly, key indicators regarding what you really believe and think about the Word of God — Kevin DeYoung
- Conversations Between Friends, Mahaney interviews Kevin DeYoung & Matt Chandler — CJ Mahaney
- A Dangerous Set of DVDs, sorry that I missed sharing the sale, but the videos are still worth the full price — Justin Taylor
- An Email Charter for the World’s Sanity, if you email me, please read this beforehand! NNTR — Kevin DeYoung
- The One Indispensable Rule for Using Social Media, the advice here is invaluable. E.g., “the internet is like God and like the devil. It sees all and forgives nothing.” — Kevin DeYoung
- Exchanging Fear for Fear, lessons on fearing man from King Saul — Kevin DeYoung
- How to Write the Worst Possible Trinity 101 Book, concluding with a recommendation on an excellent new one — Justin Taylor
- Are Mormons Christians?, providing a great review of key differences — Justin Taylor
- The Church and Homosexuality: Ten Commitments, what our commitments should be in speaking about homosexuality — Kevin DeYoung
- Can Christians Use Birth Control?, six questions to ask about birth control, to discern between technology and mentality– Al Mohler
- Great Quotes by GK Chesterton, I love some of these! — Thabiti Anyabwile
- You Will Be Eaten by Cannibals!, I’ve remembered this quote ever since I heard Piper share it in 2000 — Erick Cobb