Covenant Life Church in Gaithersburg, Maryland has left some helpful MP3 messages for mothers on their website. They come from their Moms2Moms ministry, which is no longer extant. I’m guessing that the Q&A panel may be the most interesting, as it’s a collection of godly, older women answering practical questions from younger moms. The other mp3s look just as interesting though…
To provoke your interest, here’s a partial list of questions asked…
- How do you determine the amount of playtime you spend with your children while managing your household?
- Is spanking the only method of discipline to be used, or are other methods of discipline appropriate also, either in addition to or in place of?
- How do you reach parenting decisions when you & your husband disagree strongly about something to do with your child?
- Should a mother discipline if a father is present & observed the disobedience?
- How do you handle misbehavior in a public context?
- How do you handle rivalry between siblings? How do you teach them to care for and serve one another?
I confess that I didn’t listen to all the answers, but from those that I heard, I do think that they will provoke your thinking about parenting in a good way.