I have been playing ‘Attributes of God‘ by Shai Linne a lot lately and loving it. As I shared this with some others in our church, I learned that some people have some wrong assumptions about the music that pastors listen to.
Since I’m a middle-aged white male, I apparently am limited to only enjoying 80’s music, classical, or contemporary Christian. Nobody told me that, so, for full disclosure, here’s a sampling of my playlist from today:
- Clocks – Coldplay
- Empire State of Mind (part ii) ~ Alicia Keys
- Rolling in the Deep – Adele
- The Glory of God – Shai Linne
- Background – Lecrae
- Don’t Know Why – Norah Jones
- Beautiful Day – U2
- Lovefool – The Cardigans
- Put Your Records On – Corinne Bailey Rae
Usually I like a couple tracks on an album, but occasionally a whole album is excellent. The complete albums that are currently in my regular rotation are:
- Mirar Tu Rostro – Daniel Salcedo
- Awaken the Dawn – Keith & Kristyn Getty
- Aman Iman – Tinariwen
- The Attributes of God – Shai Linne
When studying the Word or when I’m writing, I can’t really listen to music that I can sing with (because that’s incredibly distracting!), so I typically listen to Spanish-language and International albums, like the two above.
PS — While talking about music, I want to say that I love Spotify – an awesome way of listening to all kinds of music.